Our view

Our view

Friday, September 26, 2014

Trim + Paint = The Week End

We went into Newport and to Lowes and purchased the trim and paint we need to finish the walls in the Crafty Cottage. I decided to paint the walls Egg Shell. That way they will still be light but won't be white. The tongue and groove ceiling looks so good that I wanted a color that would make the ceiling show more. I learned a few things while I was at Lowes yesterday. The first thing is that I have a love/hate relationship with Lowes. Some days it is great in there and others not so much. Here is my love part of the relationship, they do have plenty of employees available to help you. We were asked several times if we needed help and they seem to carry a very good inventory. We have managed to find everything we need when we shop. My hate relationship is their customer service. Now, being in retail for over 30 years I do know a few things about customer service and I also know that good customer service is not that hard to do. Customer service on the salefloor is great but at the check out there is a lot of room for improvement. Okay, enough about my love/hate relationship with Lowes. The second thing I learned is about wood and the different qualities there is for wood. Since we have used recycled wood in the Crafty Cottage we purchased similar quality of wood to match up with what we have been using. We needed a 1x4 to trim the windows and the price differences for that one piece of wood ranges from $1.67 to $12.97; that is quite a difference. Did you know that a 1x4 actually measures out to be a 3/4"x3 1/2"? A 2x4 is actually a 1 /1/2" x 3 1/2" inches. Before I knew this I thought a 2x4 was 2 inches by 4 inches. See, I did learn some things! We purchased our trim and paint which means that for the next couple of days we will be busy working on finishing up the interior walls of the cottage. Thanks for hearing my rant on customer service. Maybe I am too picky...NAH! I have posted some picures to show how the Fall colors are beginning to happen here at the farm. I love this time of year and I am really excited about getting to see the colors change. It is so pretty! Okay, I have to get to work on the cottage. Check back tomorrow for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment