Our view

Our view

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Cabin Is Painted

Tim and I spent most of the day working on the cabin.  We wanted to get it all painted yesterday so we could work on the trim today.  It was a success and the cabin looks good with its new colors.  I wanted a "cottage" look so we painted the exterior walls white and the trim a hunter green/forest green. The roof was already hunter green or forest green so we matched the color and it looks so nice together.  We did learn a few things while working on the cabin and over came some "challenges" during the painting.  The cabin only has one side that sits on level ground.  The three other sides rest on supports so painting the other three sides was a challenge especially since we did not have scaffolds.  Working with a roller was great and Tim was able to paint everything.  There are grooves in the exterior walls that had to brushed on, my job, but I could only get so far without a ladder.  We figured it out but I will not share how.  The important thing is that we got the painting done and  I love the way it looks.  Thanks Tim for "everything" you had to do to gets the grooves painted.
Now that the "Name the Cabin" poll is over the Craft Shack won with Studio Ruth coming in second. During the contest I was given so many cute names that I am going to run another poll, for a week, and see what name wins.  Thanks to my friends, you know who you are, for the suggestions, now let's see what the results will be!  Please vote below!
Today we will begin the trim work on the cabin so check back tomorrow for more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment