Our view

Our view

Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Walls Are Up

Tim and I finished putting up the rest of the bead board paneling in the Crafty Cottage. We had finished the main area of the cottage on Monday and yesterday we finished the area of the cottage under the loft. It was a little easier working in that area and now that all the paneling is up I have decided to paint the walls. Thanks to all for giving me your opinions. The consenses was to paint! Now to figure out a good color that will keep the walls light and bright but not white. We are headed to Lowes again today for more supplies. We made a list of items we need to complete the walls like trim and paint and we are going to look at flooring too. Now that the walls are up I can really start visualizing the craftroom and where I am going to place all of the furniture I have so far. I had purchased a table from IKEA when we were in California that I will use for my desk and I we are going to purchase a work bench I saw at Home Depot. I am recycling some shelving units that George and Lisa have graciously given me from the cabin. Tim and I will have to clean and refinish them but they will be a great addition to the Crafty Cottage. So, by tomorrow the trim should be up and I will be ready to paint the walls over the week end. Tim and I did take a few minutes to go down to the area at the farm where he found the huge acorns. Lisa looked up what kind of tree these acorns are from and it was called a Burr Oak. All I know is that they will make a great addition to the fall acorn candle I am making Lisa and will probably add to mine. Check back tomorrow and see what color paint we chose for the interior walls of the Crafty Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment