Our view

Our view

Friday, September 19, 2014

Good News! The Cottage Work Is On Again!

So after only two days of stopage on the cottage we got some good news from the County electric inspector and we were given the okay to continue the interior. Thanks Mike! Actually I took two days off from working on the cottage but Tim continued working on the electrical items in the cottage making sure they are all up to code. Wednesday he secured all the wiring to code and yesterday he spent all day working on installing all of the outlets, making sure they are all connected correctly, and that they meet code standards. He also began installing the ceiling fan. The slope of the ceiling is requiring a longer hanging rod for the ceiling fan so I will pick one up when I go into Morristown today. Thank you Tim for all the extra work you did so that we can continue to work on the interior of the cottge. I did buy the insulation yesterday so Tim and I will get that up before I leave this morning. After the insulation is up then comes the walls. It is getting very exciting that we are coming closer to finishing up the Crafty Cottage. I still need to decide on what kind of floor I want. The easiest would be linoleum or tile but I really would like a wood floor. Any suggestions??? So now that we can continue with the cottage we will be very busy for the next few days except this coming Sunday. Carrie, our oldst daughter, is coming up to Pigeon Forge for the week end to attend her boyfriend's family reunion and we will be seeing her on Sunday! We have not seen her since last March so we are very excited about being with her. Love you Carrie! We did have a scary thing happen to our other daughter and our granddaughter, Jenny and Rory, on Wednesday. Jenny and Rory were in their livingroom Wed afternoon when all of a sudden the ceiling fan fell from the ceiling and just missed them both by inches. We are so blessed that nothing happened to them and we are very thankful for their guardian angels that were watching over them. Jenny called me very upset just after it happened and I was able to calm her down and made sure they were both truly okay. God is good! Check back tomorrow for progress on the Crafty Cottage and my trip to Morristown, I hear there is a Hobby Lobby there, Woo Hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment