Our view

Our view

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Storage Shed Shopping

With the Crafty Cottage getting closer to being finished we can start thinking about our next project which is a storage shed. We have been looking at storage sheds for a little while and thought we were close to a cecision until we passed some insulted storage sheds last week on our way to Pigeon Forge. We went to see what they were yesterday and they are pretty cool. The insulated sheds are made with fiberglass walls and a tin roof and they were really well built. Their pricing was closer to wood sheds so we have some decisions to make. One more thing that will aid in our decision, beisdes price, is to build it or have it built for us. Tim is a "do it yourself" person so we will more than likely build it ourselves. So we are still discussing the pros and cons to all. Time will tell so keep checking back to see what we do. Tim finished up the little bit of trim that we had left after we got more from Lowes today. I also picked out a different paint color for the wall. I chose the color vanilla as it will be a little darker than the white that is on the walls now. I think it will have just the contrast I am looking for and it will go nice with the ceiling and floor. We did some floor shopping too and we think we have found the flooring for the cottage. It is a darker shade than I thought I would like but it should go well with the paint and the ceiling. We are going to look at Home Depot to see what they have before I make my final decision on the floor. When we got back from shed shopping we checked out a couple of football games and I made up a hamburger stew using the left over stock that I froze from the pot raost I had a couple of weeks ago. It is my own creation and it was good. I made up a gravy with the leftover stock then added cooked ground beef, carrots and potatoes and let it cook on low for over an hour. It tasted good and Tim requested it again some time. So it was a productive day and although we still have some decisions to make we are keeping an open mind as to what to get. Check back and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment