Our view

Our view

Saturday, September 6, 2014

The Exterior Of The Cabin Is Done!

Wow, all I can say is having the correct equipment to do a job is a great thing.  After 5 days of working on the exterior of the cabin it is complete.  For four days we were using an extension ladder that we had to prop up one side to level it.  Staying level has been a challenge this whole week.  We were propping up one end of the extension ladder with 2x6s.  Yesterday, BJ brought us an adjustable extension ladder that levels itself out.  What a difference it made while putting on the soffits.  What took us hours before took us about an hour yesterday to finish.  If we had this ladder three days ago we would of been done that much earlier.  So, the soffits are up, everything on the outside of the cabin is painted and we are ready to start on the inside of the cabin.  BJ lent us his nail gun a couple of days ago and that also made a huge difference with putting up the trim. I have to say that the cabin really looks nice and I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Tim who has been working his rear end off in getting the exterior done.  Thank you Tim, I love you! 
Just a reminder, there is only a couple more days left of "Name the Cabin" poll so vote today!  It is suppose to be a rainy day so we are going to take today off, let our sore bodies have a break and watch College Football.  Tim really enjoys College Football so much more than Pro Football and there are some good games on today.  If you follow my Travels With Ruth blog I have my college teams that I follow listed and I am still writing a few posts a week.  So check out my picks and see how they compare with yours.  I am going to announce my NFL teams today on the blog.
GO BEARS!

1 comment: