Our view

Our view

Friday, September 5, 2014

Cabin Update!

We got a couple of things accomplished on the cabin today.  We were suppose to work on getting all of the soffits measured, cut, painted and put up but that did not happen for one really good reason; we did not have the extension ladder to use.  The contractor working on George and Lisa's house had another job that had to be completed so he was not able to bring the ladder to us today.  So, I painted the front soffit that we put up on Wednesday while Tim worked on getting the wood ready for the soffits.  I don't think I mentioned it before but the cabin has been built with all recycled building material.  George had left over scrapes from building his house that he used in creating the walls, floor and roof for the cabin and we have been using scrapes of wood left over from the house and moving materials.  The paint is also recycled from other projects that George had been working on.  So, we have been saving a lot of money with the construction of the cabin which will allow me to decorate cabin just the way I want it.  The cabin will also double as a guest room with the addition of a sleeper sofa in the future.
I did work most of the afternoon on Door Prizes for my sister's SAS (Stack and Stamp event) that is coming up in a couple of weeks.  I try to help out my sister anyway I can so I made some of the door prizes for the event.  I will post a picture of the sets I made today.
So, with an easy day yesterday working on the cabin we will hit it hard today and hopefully complete all the soffits so we can move inside the cabin and get it completed.  Check back tomorrow to see what we got accomplished.

1 comment: