Our view

Our view

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

More Visitors At The Farm

We had our second visitors at the farm, Larry and Linda VanderWilt came for a visit yesterday. Larry and Linda have a second home not too far from Parrottsville and are up here now so they came over for a visit. We are long time friends from Orange Park and we had a great time together hanging out at the farm. Lisa is also friends with them so she joined us too. I made lunch for everyone and after doing a tour of the Crafty Cottage, Lisa's new house and the farm we all sat down to lunch and dessert. Linda made me a beautiful Fall sign for us to hang on the RV and it looks great. Thanks Linda, I love it. While Tim and Larry were out exploring the farm Tim found me some more acorns but not acorns I have seen before so I will have to redo my Acorn Candle and put some of the ones he found in it; they are huge. Larry found something that I have never seen before but will now know what it is if I ever come across one again. He found Owl throwup aka owl puke. It looks like a paper ball and inside there is hair and sometimes little bones from what the owl is eating. Larry said, looking at the ball of owl puke, that the owl was a big one. So, we spent a great afternoon with friends, had good food, good conversations, gifts and I even learned something new. Not a bad day! Thanks Larry, Linda and Lisa for making it a great day and please come by anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment