Our view

Our view

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Ceiling Is Up

Tim and I have never worked with tongue and groove boards so we were not sure how it was going to go yesterday.  Well, it went well and we were able to finish the ceiling.  We worked together and while I was up in the loft most of the day Tim was going up and down the ladder putting the boards in place and nailing them up.  I did the same but I did it from the loft the whole time.  I think the ceiling looks fabulous and we are both very happy with the results.  It was very easy to work with and since it was we decided to do the gable ends of the cabin with tongue and grove also.  The neat thing about this cabin so far is that all the materials being used, except the door, is all recycled from a house that was taken apart, moved and was rebuilt on the farm.  We feel very fortunate to have these materials to work with.  Check out the pictures and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment