Our view

Our view

Monday, September 29, 2014

A New Church And Primer Too

Lisa and I visited the First United Methodist Church in Newport, TN. Our friends Larry and Linda attend there when they are here in the area and so they invited us to come so we did. The church is a beautiful red brick building with a tall steeple. It looks like a church that would be in this area. FUMC is over 150 years old and they still use their chapel for their early service. The Sanctuary is beautiful and it reminded of the Church that Tim and I were married in. It is a much bigger church than the one we visited in Parrottsville a couple of weeks ago and the choir is very good. We felt very welcomed by the Pastor and the congregation and this Wed. night I am planning on going to their choir practice. I think I may have found my new Church. After Church we had lunch with Larry and Linda and another couple from FUMC at Ruby Tuesday. We had a great time together and it is always a great way to start a Sunday. While Lisa and I were at Church Tim was busy putting on a primer coat on the interior walls of the Crafty Cottage and also painted the ceiling and window trim white. I am hoping with the new color on the wall that the white trim will look good. Today Tim and I will begin painting the interior walls with the new color paint, vanilla. The Fall colors are beginning to show more each day and our view is getting prettier by the minute. I was told that it is a little early for the leaves to be changing so I guess we are having an early fall. I wonder what that means for Winter? Check back tomorrow for the new paint color!

No comments:

Post a Comment