Our view

Our view

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Friendly Folks and Something New!

Yesterday Lisa and I went to the Laundry Mat do wash our clothes.  I have to say for a small town that only has a gas station, a pizza parlor and a Dollar General Parrottsville also has a very nice Laundry Mat.  It is big, clean and never crowded.  It also has very friendly people who use it.  While I was loading my washer a local that happen to be next to me mentioned to me that she thought the washers were new.  I said they were new to me because I just moved here.  She started a conversation and then invited my to her Church, Parrottsville United Methodist Church, this coming Sunday.  I have been looking for a church and since I am United Methodist I took it as a sign and will be checking out the church.  As I was getting my clothes out of the dryer another woman who was finishing up folding her clothes offered her table to me because she had just wiped it off so it was nice and clean.  So far, since I have been here, I have been fortunate to meet some very friendly folks.  It is nice!
Tim and I have bought a lawn mower.  We have not had to worry about cutting grass or yard work for over four years.  Tim cut the grass yesterday for the first time in four years and he did not mind it a bit.  We purchased a nice mower from a new friend here that had let us know his uncle wanted to sell this mower to get a bigger one.  It works great and was a good deal for the money.  I think I will let Tim have the pleasure of mowing!
Today is 9/11 and it is hard to believe that is has been 13 years since that tragic day.  I read an article today that said some younger students have no idea what 9/11 is.  I found that a little surprising because it is still being talked about today.  So I would like to just offer my prayers to all the victims and heroes from 9/11.  You nay be gone but you are not forgotten.  Remembering 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment