Our view

Our view

Friday, December 12, 2014

Visitors At The Farm

Larry and Linda Vanderwilt came to visit yesterday at the farm.  The Vanderwilts are friends of ours that have visited before.  We have known eachother for years and when we get together we always have a good time.  Yesterday was another fun day.  After touring everything new at the farm (they were here in Sept. and saw what we had done so far) and they did see some changes.  The Crafty Cottage is done, our shed is done and George and Lisa's house is done enough to live in.  Linda and I went and "played" in the Crafty Cottage.  Linda had a couple of rubber stamps that she had received and wanted to make some cards with them so we worked on a card, which turned out really well for her first one, and then we gathered some supplies so she could create some more at home.  After making cards we headed up to the RV where we were joined by Tim and Larry and later George and Lisa.  I had fixed some snacks and after enjoying them Linda spent the next hour trying to help me crochet.  If you followed my Travels With Ruth blog you know it was not the first time I tried to crochet.  Well, as good as Linda was learning how to make cards I was the opposite in crocheting. I get the concept I just cannot get the technique down but Linda left me with yarn and a booklet and some more understanding that I am going to try it again.  I am hoping when the Vanderwilts return at the end of January I will have at least mastered the first and second row.  Thanks Linda for your patience with me while crocheting.  I can do it!  I have another snack recipe to share but that will be in another post. Thank you Larry and Linda for coming for a visit.  We all enjoyed spending time with you.  Come back any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment