Our view

Our view

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A New Favorite!

I had said I was going to be trying some new recipes and I think I have found the one that I will be using for special occasions and gift giving.  For years I use to make homemade Chex Mix and over the years I have given out quite a bit as presents but not this year.  I have a new "treat" that I will be using as gifts.  What is it?  Homemade Peanut Clusters!  I found a recipe on Pinterest using the slow cooker to make peanut clusters.  I am usually the one that does not venture out and do anything that contains melting chocolate only because I have had too many experiences where I have burned the chocolate.  Well since I have found this recipe I am all about melting chocolate!  Using the slow cooker, three ingredients and about two hours from start to finish I have now made the best peanut clusters I have ever had! I will be giving these as gifts this year but as a gift to you I will also share the recipe.  So here it is:

Slow Cooker Peanut Clusters
Ingredients:
1 (20oz) package of vanilla almond bark
1 (12oz) package of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 (16oz) jar of dry roasted peanuts
Directions:
1. Place the almond bark and chocolate chips in the slow cooker
2. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour
3. Stir until blended ( it will look like nothing has melted until you start stirring)
4. Add peanuts and stir
5. Drop tablespoonfuls onto wax paper
6. Let is stand until set
7. Once set store in an air tight container or zip lock bag.

So easy and sooooooo good,enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! These sound great and like something I need to try. Thanks Ruth!

    ReplyDelete