Our view

Our view

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Shopping - Round Two, The Marathon!

Lisa and I decided to do some serious shopping and headed west to Knoxville!  Why Knoxville?  It has all the stores and one special one in particular; Publix.  Publix is a grocery store in Florida and there is now one in Knoxville.  What I like best about Publix is their Deli Sub Sandwiches and their Sweet Tea.  So after our first couple of stops we headed to the University of Tennessee campus where the Publix was located.  The sub tasted great and we also picked up a couple of items from the store too.  We then began our marathon session of Christmas shopping hitting several stores and successfully getting presents along the way.  We shopped all day and well into the night.  It was a 12 hour session and I know I did manage to  check some gifts of my list and I think Lisa did too!  It was a good day, spending it with a good friend and getting some shopping done; thanks Lisa!  On our drive home last night we stopped to get a fast food dinner and came upon an incredible Christmas light show but we were tired from shopping and we still had an hour's drive to go so we looked at the lights from the road.  On our drive home we both were surprised how easy it was to shop.  All the stores that we visited were not very busy, a plus for us, and when I was chatting with some of the cashiers they all did agree that it had been a quiet day considering it is only two weeks until Christmas.  Maybe Gray Thursday (Thanksgiving) and Black Friday along with Cyber Monday did allow people to complete their shopping.  As for me, I still enjoy shopping like I did yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment