Our view

Our view

Sunday, December 21, 2014

FaceTime Is Great!

I have to say that FaceTime is great!  It is one of the best things to use to help cheer someone up, watch your grandchild say her first actual word and keep in touch with friends and loved ones.  Skype is also great that way.  Why am I telling you something you already know?  Because yesterday I used it to my advantage! I was talking to my mom while my sister was visiting her.  During the conversation my mom kept saying I wish I could see you to me.  So, I asked my mom to hand the phone to Pam and when she got on I said let's FaceTime.  We ended our conversation and the next thing my mom saw when Pam handed her the phone was me!  My mom was so surprised and happy.  We FaceTimed for quite a while.  I was able to let her see all my Christmas decorations especially the ones she had given me over the years.  It was a great way to spend some time with my mom and Pam especially since I could not just walk into her hospital room.  
Later on, my daughter Jenny FaceTimed me and I got to see my little Rory.  Jenny and Nate have a daily vlog on YouTube, That One Couple, and through their daily vlog I get to see Rory daily.  The point I am trying to get to is Rory is so use to the camera that she recognizes the phone as one and what makes it so special for me is when we FaceTime and I say hello to my sweet Rory she instantly smiles.  Now I know that it is a reaction to the camera but as a Grandma her response, to me, is "Hello Grandma, I love you!"  I also got to hear Rory say "Da Da" yesterday.  With FaceTime we will be able to watch Rory open her Christmas presents and eventhough we won't be together we will be!  Like I said in the beginning, FaceTime is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment