Our view

Our view

Friday, December 19, 2014

Last Post Office Run

I sent off my last Christmas package yesterday and the really nice thing about living in a small town is that there was no line at our small post office. I don't think I have ever not had to stand in line at the post office this time of year. It took about 5 minutes to walk into the post office, pay for the package and walk out. All I can say is Wow! After the post office and the dump, in that order, Tim and I headed to Newport to return something at Lowes, do a little shopping and have lunch out. We went to Ruby Tuesday and we got there just before the lunch rush hit. I love the coupons that Ruby Tuesday sends me through email; I used my $5.00 salad bar one yesterday. When we got back home I spent the rest of the day in the Crafty Cottage working on some more Christmas presents. I also made a really great pork loin in the crock pot for dinner that I will share the recipe on a later post. It was good and there is a lot left over so we can have another pork loin roast, pulled pork, pork tacos, etc. I know one thing I will not do with the meat is make Pork Soup; that was a big mistake. We have not had any sun for the last 3-4 day so hopefully we will see some soon. Check back tomorrow and see if the sun showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment