Our view

Our view

Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Shopping Part 3 - The End?

Yesterday started very early as Tim and George got up really early to go and sell some items at the Jonesboro Flea Market in Jonesboro, TN.  When George inquired about the flas market he was told to get there early because most of the visitors to the flea market come early.  So they headed to the flea market around 5:00 am to set up and be ready for the crowds.  Well, they ended up being one of three vendors there to sell until later when other vendors arrived.  They were set up and ready to go at 8:00 am when the gates opened up but instead of a huge crowd they ended up fighting the cold weather and tried to stay warm.  Lisa and I joined them later and I guess you could say that was the beginning of my Christmas shopping Part 3.  I did not buy anything at the flea market except for a big cup of hot chocolate which tasted great especially since it was so cold out; a warm 38 degrees.  We all left the flea market around noon happy but cold.  We were happy because George and Tim had sold all the stuff they brought so we had lunch then Lisa and I headed up to Johnson City to do some shopping and Tim and George headed home to warm up.  I think I have completed my Christmas shopping and now all I have to do is wrap and distribute all the gifts.  I still have more gifts to make but at least I am done shopping in the stores?!?  Lisa made a great sausage meatball chili for dinner and she invited Tim and I over so we all enjoyed it at their house with a bottle of wine from the local winery we visited the other day.  It was another good day at and around  the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment