Our view

Our view

Friday, December 5, 2014

It's Double Fives For Me Today!

Yup, I am 55 today.  I have no idea what today brings but I am sure it will be a good one as it is my first one at the farm.  Birthdays, in my family,  have always been special and when I was growing up and mostly through my adult years this has stayed true.  So, check back tomorrow and find out what happens.
Yesterday was a quiet day but still a productive day.  I made a new crock pot meal which sounded great and it tasted fine but it looked terrible.  I made scallop potatoes with ham and I followed the recipe exactly but the picture on the recipe did not match the looks of my dinner.  So, the next time I make it I will tweak the recipe and if it turns out better I will then share the recipe.  I did wrap presents yesterday and started my Christmas cards too. Lisa and I bought some cute decorations for our mail boxes so we put them up yesterday.  Check out the picture I posted.  Last night I did have something I have never had before, Grape pie.  Our neighbors, harvested the grapes that George grew at the farm and made several grape pies.  She brought one to George and Lisa and last night we had it after dinner. It was interesting!  The first few bites reminded me of blueberry pie but then the tartness set in.  We were warned the pie would be tart and it was but we all managed to get past the tartness and enjoyed the pie.  The neat thing is that the grapes were from the farm.  Next year maybe Lisa and I will try making jam from the grapes!  We will all just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment