Our view

Our view

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Frustrating Day

Our day started early because we were getting our Tennessee Driver's License and we were not sure how busy the DMV would be.  Unlike other's States DMV Tennessee only gives appointments for people needing to take a driving test.  The closest DMV was in Morristown (about 40 minutes away) so we got their just after opening time and there were only 6 people ahead of us.  The line went quickly but as were we in line we checked out all the paperwork we needed and realized I did not have our marriage license so I had to wait for Tim to finish getting his license.  We then drove back home, got the license then went back to the DMV.  Everything was going great until the final window when my copy of our marriage license, the only one we have ever had and used, was declined because it did not have a stamp on it.  So, after trying so hard to get my license it was a fail!  Since we were in Morristown and it was lunchtime we decided to have lunch out and went to Longhorn Steakhouse.  When we got home I looked up what I had to do to get a "real" copy of our Marriage Certificate and it will take up to a month to get the copy. Until then I will remain a Florida resident and Tim is a Tennessee resident.  I don't seem to have good luck at the DMV and yesterday was no exception.  Hopefully, when the copy of our marriage license arrives, I will be able to get my Tennessee Driver's  License, some day!

No comments:

Post a Comment