Our view

Our view

Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Beach Was Busy

I visited the beach at Camp Pendleton yesterday to check out the waves.  They were pretty big and there were a lot of surfers out surfing.  Being it was Veteran's Day most of the base did not have to work and so I guess some took advantage of the waves and no work to go surfing.  I watch a few of the surfers ride some waves but the majority of the surfers were out in the water waiting for the right wave.  There also a few people checking out the waves from the beach.  I think they were waiting for it to warm up a bit.  At 8:00 am the base played "Anchors Away" and "The Halls of Montezuma" something they don't usually do.  It was nice to hear especially while walking on the beach.  After the beach I took advantage of all the Veteran's Day sales and got some Christmas shopping done.  I also discovered some new Christmas projects to work on.  We ended Veteran's Day at Claim Jumpers for dinner.  It was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment