Our view

Our view

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.  This year we are celebrating here at the farm.   George and Lisa's kids, Travis and Kaitlyn and their pets Nix and Cato, will be joining us along with Larry and Linda Vanderwilt for Thanksgiving dinner.  Lisa has spent a good part of yesterday cooking away already.  I will be making my pumpkin pies that I have made every year for the past 30 years.  I got my recipe from my boss when I worked at the golf course in Glenview.  It is a great recipe and a crowd pleaser.  I am also going to be making the mashed potatoes but this year I am trying something new and making them in the crock pot.  I will let you know how they turned out.
As usual, I will be watching the Macy's Day parade, a long time tradition, and having cinnamon rolls for breakfast; another long time tradition.  I know my girls will be doing the same thing.  Maybe next year we will all be together for Thanksgiving.  I have so many things that I am thankful for and one is for all of you that have been following my blog.  Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment