Our view

Our view

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Why We Go To Costco Once A Month

I have had my Costco membership now for two years and it is only in the second year that I have really used the membership.  Costco is about 1 1/2 hours from where we live but making the drive through Knoxville is worth it because of one major thing - Costco meats.  They are really good quality and buying in bulk is a little more expensive but we only have to do it once a month.  To do so meals have to be planned in advance but only the main part of the meal.  Sides can always come later.  Now that we have a big freezer we are able to buy in bulk.  One of my money saving  buys is a pork loin.  I always buy a big one, at least eight pounds, and then I cut my own pork chops from the pork loin.  This time I was able to get at least 22 pork chops that will give us quite a few meals.  I also bought 6 pounds of ground beef that I use to make hamburger patties and freeze them all prepped.  I was able to get 16 patties and a couple of pounds of ground beef to be used for other meals.  I love their bacon and buy their four pack which will last us a couple of months.  Bacon freezes well.  We also buy the 4 pack of Kirklands Cheese pizzas.  When we want a pizza, which we cannot get delivery where we live, all I have to do is add some toppings and pop it in the over.  Since we have lived here at the farm we have done so much more cooking because we are in the middle of farmland.  It is okay though, I have begun trying all sorts of new recipes and most of them have been keepers.  On yesterday's trip we also visited Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kirklands Home and World Market.  When we go to town we make sure we make the most of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment