Our view

Our view

Friday, September 4, 2015

A Bumper Harvest

So do you know what happens when you don't pick a garden for a week during harvest time?  You get a huge amount of veggies.  At least the ones that are left.  Lisa and I went down early to check out the garden and we picked over 30 pounds of butternut squash and over 30 pounds of sweet potatoes.  We also picked two big bowls of green and red peppers and a few more tomatoes along with more okra.  To our surprise we did get two watermelons that tasted pretty good.  We picked all of the butternut squash that we could because the vines are now gone. As for the sweet potatoes I now really dislike them.  They are not easy to harvest especially the huge ones we were digging up.  I am not sure exactly when I did it but in harvesting the sweet potatoes I wrenched my back.  I am hoping it will begin to feel better soon.   The garden is coming to an end but for now there will still be some tomatoes, red and green peppers and okra.  The sweet potatoes are still going strong but I am going to let someone else pick them.  It was another bumper harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment