Our view

Our view

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Roller Coaster Week End

We had a roller coaster week end here in California.  My Mom, a week ago, was doing so well and then last Tuesday she did a flip and she became ill again.  X-rays were taken and the blockage had filled in again.  My Mom was very ill but was too weak for surgery so we had to make a tough decision on Friday.  We decided to call Hospice and met with a representative Friday afternoon.  A very warm and rosy picture was painted which helped us all feel at ease until the next day when the Hospice nurse came to begin the discharge and then we felt like we had just been punched in the face with reality.  What we were told and what was going to happen were two different things.  We were so distraught that my brother asked the Doctor taking care of my Mom, in the hospital,  if we could possibly stay longer until we figured out what to do.  The Doctor was very kind and arranged for my mom to stay in the hospital for two extra days and started comfort medication.  I have never known of a hospital to allow this but we sure were grateful.  On Monday we met with another Hospice nurse that put our mind at ease but also explained the reality but much more compassionate.  With that we agreed for her Hospice group to begin.  Monday afternoon my Mom was transported to her home where she is now back in her own bed and has a Hospice nurse with her for the day.  He is a very compassionate Nurse and is teaching the caregivers where my Mom lives how to take care of my mom.  So after a very emotional week end we have all survived and now we begin a new ride for my Mom.  Once again, all I ask are prayers for my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment