Our view

Our view

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

We Are Back At The Farm

We are home (Lisa and I) and it was an easy uneventful trip yesterday.  Okay, we had one event.  We left the Jacksonville, FL area with the sun shinning but as we drove closer to the Florida/Georgia border it began to cloud up.  Once we crossed into Georgia it began to rain and rain and then downpour so much it was a whiteout.  I slowed down but continued to drive.  Luckily I was behind a semi truck so I followed behind him and eventually made it through the storm.  While I was driving I asked Lisa to look at my My Radar App to see how long the downpour would last.  As far as she could tell we would eventually run out of it so I continued to follow the truck and we did.  The rest of the drive was easy and we got back home in good time.  It is really an easy eight hour drive as long as the weather cooperates.  We met Tim and George in Newport for dinner then headed to the farm.  All the dogs were excited to see us.
It was a great week!  Seeing family and friends is always great and it was even more special because I got to be with both of my girls.  It had been 5 years since we were together like that!  Being with Nate and Daniel was also great and especially being with Rory!  She is so much fun! The Wedding was beautiful and hanging out with friends was so much fun.  A big thank you once again to the Celis family for letting me stay at their house! It was a good trip!  Now it is time to get back to normal, whatever normal is for us, and see what new things we can do around the farm and the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment