Our view

Our view

Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Mom

On Friday night I lost my Mom.  Gloria Winship, my Mom, died peacefully with my two brothers Ford and Craig, my sister Pam and I with her along with my sister in law Karyn and brother in law Brian.  I think Mom knew we were all there and after a lot of love, the Lord's Prayer and the song "Gloria" playing on her CD player my Mom took her last breath.  She did it with her children being there and she seemed truly happy.  "Gloria" is a song written about my mother and her life by my brother Craig.  It is a beautiful song and it seemed to be the perfect song to be playing at this time.  When she did pass, we all just began to sob and thank goodness we had each other.  There was lots of love and support in my Mom's room and it made our family even stronger.  I know my Mom is up in Heaver, reuniting with her Mom and Dad, brother and sister and all who went before her.  She is singing in the Lord's choir now. 
Last night my brother Craig had to sing at his "gig" at the Marriot in Dana Point. My sister, sister in law and I were there to support him.  We have seen him perform there for a couple of years now.  He had to be very strong because the show must go on.  He did a great job  and he even managed to sing "Gloria" to the audience.  He did not say why until the song was over then he shared with the audience that we had just lost Mom.  Singing the song and being together was a good way to honor our mother and put some closure to her passing.  Thank you Craig.
Mom we love you and we miss you!  We rejoice that you are no longer in pain and at peace.  You have been a great Mom and taught us well.  We will try to make you proud of us and live up to your expectations and standards.  We love you Mom!
'

No comments:

Post a Comment