Our view

Our view

Monday, December 7, 2015

The Messiah and Christmas Lights Too!

I have sung the Messiah several times through out the years.  In high school and college chorus's, in Church but yesterday was my very first community sings Messiah.  Each year the Messiah sings is a local Orange Park/Jacksonville event where people gather and sing the Christmas portion of the Messiah.  There are soloists and is accompanied by Organ and piano.  The conductor for the past few years has been Dr Mark Stallings.  I finally had the opportunity to participate and I am glad I did.  Over 70 singers came together to sing the Messiah and the audience seemed to enjoy it.  It was a challenging but wonderful experience.
Before the Messiah Sings I went to Church and then lunch with friends.  Thank Debbie for staying a little longer so we could have lunch.  After the Messiah I headed over to see Jenny, Nate and Rory,  there are four house up their street that looks like they are having Christmas lights war so we had to check it out.  The houses were beautifully decorated with lots of lights and Rory loved them!  My pictures did not come out the way I wanted but the lights are still beautiful!  
Today I head back to Tennessee for a couple of weeks but then Tim and I will head back down for Christmas.  It was so good to be with my family and friends and I thank you all.  A big Thank You goes to Sharon and Richard for allowing me to stay with them.  Sharon and I had some great late night talks and I had the chance to meet Richard's Mom Maxine.  Check out Travels With Tuth later this week for Maxine.  Thank you all again!  Here I come Tennessee!

No comments:

Post a Comment