Our view

Our view

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's Christmas Movie Time

I love Christmas and I love Christmas movies.  I am a Hallmark Channel junkie during Christmas and it is the first channel I go to when I flip on the TV.  I know some of the movies on that channel are hokey but they always have a happy ending and they make me feel good.  I do watch all the other channels that run Christmas movies because I love Christmas.  With that said did you know that some of the favorite Christmas movies almost had some changes?  I am talking about the traditional movies and some TV shows.  So here we go!

Miracle On 34th Street - Macy's and Gimbel's agreed to have their names used in the film after the movie was made and viewed.  If they didn't agree most of the movie would of been refilmed.
It's A Wonderful Life - Instead of ending the movie with the singing of "Auld Lang Syne" it was originally suppose to end with the singing of "Ode To Joy".
White Christmas - The sisters scene where Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye do the song.  Well that was not suppose to be in the movie.  Bing and Danny were just kidding around one day and the director liked it so much that he added that scene in the movie.
Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer - The original version of Rudolph did not have Rudolph return to the island of misfits but so many children were disappointed and wrote letters that a it prompted the added scene and that is the version that has been shown ever since.
A Charlie Brown Christmas - Linus's big speech influenced by the Bible was going to be cut by the producers but Peanut's creator Charles Schulz refused saying "If we don't do it, who will?".
A Christmas Story - Ralphie's dad was almost played by Jack Nicholson.  He was very interested in the role.
Elf - Instead of Will Ferrell playing Buddy the Elf Jim Carrey was originally set to star in the movie.

So while enjoying all of these Christmas movies and TV shows just think what might have happen if these changes would of happened.  I like them just the way they are!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment