Our view

Our view

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Driving To Tennessee

My drive to Tennessee was going great until I hit Columbia, SC where all of a sudden traffic on I-26 West came to a complete holt.  After moving at a steady 3-4 miles per hour I finally passed under a DOT sign that was flashing "incident ahead, all lanes blocked at mile marker 111".  Oh yay!  So I decided to get off the highway just before mile marker 111 and after looking at alternative routes I decided it would be less time sitting in traffic then going around and taking an extra three hours to get home.  Well taking the ramp and then getting back on worked to my advantage because the shoulder was opened to traffic and it was my lane that started it.  After a 40 minute delay I was on the open road again.  I got home around 6:00 and it feels good to be home. I had a great time in the Orange Park area and I am looking to return back down there in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment