Our view

Our view

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Dr Appointment And A Flu Shot

When my Mom got sick and I flew to California I had to cancel three Dr appointments and now I am finally catching back up.  Yesterday's was just a meds check that should of been back in September. Anyway, after going through the regular check in items, i.e. weight, blood pressure, temperature, the nurse asked me about a flu shot and I declined.  Then when it was time to see the Dr. she also asked about a flu shot.  I have never had a flu shot and figured as isolated as I am here I really didn't need one.  Well, that was the wrong thing to say because I then got a lecture as to why I should have one and that it is not full proof but better safe than sorry.  Now here is the kicker and because I am getting older; ouch that hurt.  I realize I just had a birthday but since I am going backwards and never hit 50 I am only 44.  I know, wishful thinking!  Anyway, I gave in and decided to get the flu shot.  I did not realize that I had to sit in the lobby for a little bit after I had one because it was my first time for a flu shot and they wanted to make sure I did not have a reaction...I didn't.  So now, as long as I have the right strain, I should not get the flu.  My fingers are crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment