Our view

Our view

Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Witches Party

On Friday night Pam and I went to a Witches party hosted by a neighbor and friend, Lorraine.  She holds the event every year and I was once again invited to attend since I was in town.  Lorraine's home here in Carlsbad is a second home that she comes to stay at twice a year for a few months.  She lives in Long Island.  Her daughter's birthday is Oct. 31 and so she is use to making Halloween extra special.  Since her daughter is grown up now and living in the Chicago she has gone from throwing parties for her daughter to hosting an annual Witches Party.  Lorraine goes all out from decorating her home inside and out to making all the food and desserts.  Lorraine owned a successful bakery in Long Island and so her desserts are the best.  She also is a great cook and all I can say is you do not leave Lorraine's home hungry.  This year there were 10 of us including Lorraine's son who came in for a visit from Australia.  To attend the Witches party there are two requirements you have to wear a Witches had and heels.  The hats that are worn a very elaborate and so are the heels.  I managed to avoid having to wear heels since I am here visiting and do not have any heels.  We all had a wonderful time and Lorraine is a marvelous hostess.  At the end of the evening Lorraine had a wonderful surprise, her husband flew in from New York for the weekend.  I am so glad we were there when he arrived because her face was priceless when the she answered the door.  Thank you Lorraine for including me in this year's Witches party.  I had a wonderful time and it was good to see all who attended.  What a fun annual event!

No comments:

Post a Comment