Our view

Our view

Monday, October 12, 2015

Sports Update Monday

I know I usually only cover football but with my Cubbies (Chicago Cubs) in the playoffs I have two sports I am following.  First, way to go Cubs.  The NL Central Division playoff is tied !-1 with three games left.  The first two games were in St. Louis (the #1 winning team in baseball this year) but today and tomorrow they play in Chicago.  Go Cubs Go!
Now on to  Football - this has been a strange year for the NFL and College Football for me.  My teams in the NFL were sort of predictable but my College teams are all over the board.  First let's go College.  Who would of thought that the Florida Gators would have a 6-0 record.  Due to their winning they are ranked #8 this week.  Go Gators!  Michigan is doing well and have a 5-1 record and are ranked #12 this week.  Missouri lost to the Gators this week end and now have a 4-2 record.  Three teams are at the 500 mark, NIU, NAU and Oregon.  Oregon and NIU are the big surprise here.  Last year neither team lost three times.  Then there is South Carolina who just are not playing well.  They have a 2-4 record.  Who would of thought?
The NFL teams, except the Bears are following a familiar path.  The Broncos are undefeated with a 5-0 record and the Jaguars and Titans who are at 1-4 and 1-3 were expected.  The Bears however have been a disappointment.  They lost their first three games but at least they have won the last two.  Both my 1 or 2 points with a 2-3 record.  Of course being a Chicago sports fan also means supporting your teams win or lose.
So today game three in the NL Central Division, Cubs vs Cardinals, and all I can say is Go Cubs Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment