Our view

Our view

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Go Cubs!

If you have been following either one of my blogs you know I am from Chicago.  This means that not only am I a Chicago Bears Fan but it also means I am a huge Chicago Cubs Baseball fan.  I have loved the Cubs since I was a little girl going to Wrigley Field to watch the games or watching them on WGN TV.  This also means, as a Cubs fan, that I have watched the Cubs lose a lot.  Well this current season they won.  They had the third best winning record in baseball.  Unfortunately the first and second best records were in their same division, the NL Central.  The St. Louis Cardinals and the Pittsburg Pirates were first and second.  The Cubs made the playoffs this year and last night was the NL Central Wildcard playoffs.  It consisted of one game, winner advances which meant the Cubs(3rd) played the Pirates (2nd).  The game started at 7:08 in the Central time zone which is Chicago time.  7:08 in Military time is 19:08 which the last year the Cubs won the World Series.  Yesterday was 10/7 which the last time the Cubs won the World Series was 107 years ago.  I got these numbers from a High School friend, thanks Jeff.  Last night I watched the game and watched the Cubs beat the Pirates 4 -0; way to go Cubbies!  Now on to the NL Central playoffs against the Cardinals. Go Cubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment