Our view

Our view

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Remembering Mom!

On Sunday Craig and Karyn hosted a gathering to remember our Mom.  Friends in the area were invited and it was a nice way to just celebrate my Mom right now.  Our big Memorial service for our Mom will be next summer in Lake Geneva, WI where we had a summer cottage when we were growing up.    My Mom talked a lot about the cottage and Lake Geneva the few weeks before she passed away so we all decided that would be the place to put her ashes.  A Wisconsin girl goes back home.
The gathering was very nice with about 30 people attending.  My brother Craig created a beautiful slide show that he played on his TV through out the house.  My sister Pam and I made some food along with my sister in law Karyn and friend Dori.  Almost everyone who attended brought food so there was plenty to eat.  We displayed my Mom's Dollhouse she built with me along with several pictures of her and a bottle of Crown Royal.  Mom loved to have a cocktail or two at night.
My brother toasted her and several family and friends reminiscent about her.  We played some of her recordings then finished with the song "Gloria" that Craig wrote about Mom.  It was a great way to remember Mom and it allowed some closure for Craig, Karyn, Pam, Brian and me.  Mom would of loved the whole thing and we know she was there in spirit!  Love you Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a wonderful time for all of you to celebrate your mom's life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Ruth. Love you all *hugs*

    ReplyDelete