Our view

Our view

Friday, September 16, 2016

Smaller Harvests

While I have been gone from the farm the harvests did not quit but they have gotten smaller.  The nice thing about smaller harvests is that it doesn't take as long to harvest or put away the harvest whether it be canning or freezing.  The strong crops that are still producing big time is the Okra and Green Peppers.  The eggplants, tomatoes and butternut squash are still hanging in there but not much is being picked.  The last two watermelons have been picked and we have thoroughly enjoyed them.  I was fortunate enough to share them with my family in Chicago and Jacksonville.  I am not a fan of the crops that are left to be harvested but when I return to the farm if there is mote to harvest I will be there to help; even if it is just Okra.  We still may have potatoes but we have to do some digging to find out.  I guess that will be a project soon.  Check back and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment