Our view

Our view

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The Secret Project Is Revealed!

The only secret about this project is that I have not shared it with you while we were working on it.  Instead, I wanted to be able to show the project after it was finished.  When we got back from our trip in mid June one of the first things George had requested was to design some kind of "MASH" sign. Do you remember in the TV series "MASH"?  There was a sign post with cities listed on it and that was the inspiration for this sign.   Anyway he wanted a sign so that whenever someone would pull up to the top of the our hill they would know who lived where.  There are three families here at the top of the hill; the Smiths, Franciscos and us.  On occasion there have been visitors that did not know where to go when they got to the top of the road.  I designed a sign that would give that information in a glance.  While Tim and George were tearing down the garden boxes in the orchard they saved all the wood and that is where I got the wood for the signs.  Tim and George cut the wood to my specifications and then planed the wood so I had a smooth surface to work with.  It took three days for me to work and finish the signs and I think they turned out really well.  While I was working on the signs Tim and George, after deciding where the sign was going, worked in getting the post up for the sign and then decided to put some fences up to define the whole corner.  Tim put poly on the signs yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon the signs were put up.  It looks great and in George's words, "It turned out better than I thought it would!"  I will take that as a complement!  I have posted some pictures of the whole process of the "MASH" sign.  It was a fun project and now it is a helpful tool too!  So now the secret project has been revealed!  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment