Our view

Our view

Thursday, March 23, 2017

My Library Card

As A kid I remember getting my first library card and how it was one of the biggest moments, at the time.  Getting a library card when you were 8 years old was like getting a credit card to reading.  With my own card I could go the public library, pick out any book I want, check it out, take it home and then read it.  When I was done, or when it was due, all I had to do is return it. That was a big deal in a kid's life.  The Glenview Public Library was a mile and half from our house, about a 1/2 hour walk or a 10 minute bike ride.  Everyday during the summer months I would walk or ride my bike to the library and take part in the summer reading program.  I used the library a lot when I was growing up because it was also a good meeting place.  Yesterday, I got my library card to the Parrottsville Library. It a small library but does have a good selection of books and it is close to home.  I am not a huge  reader but I do enjoy reading and hopefully I will begin to read more often now that I have a library card.  I did check out a book, " The Whistler" by John Grisham.  He is one of my favorite authors.  In a way, I feel like a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment