Our view

Our view

Sunday, January 24, 2016

We Got Snow!

I guess Mother Nature did not like me saying that we lived under a dome.  It started snowing at 7:00 pm on Friday night and did not quit until late Saturday night.  We ended up getting more than 8 inches of snow and it is a heavy snow but it is perfect for snowball fights, snowman and sledding.  I did none of those yesterday because I decided to venture down to my Crafty Cottage, slipped and fell and twisted my ankle.  My hiking boots no longer have enough tread to walk around in snow and this was a tough way of finding out.  I will be fine and feel more embarrassed than anything else.  We also had the battle of the hill when we went down to pick up our mail and our 4 wheel drive jeep hit some ice on the hill on the way up and we were stopped midway up the hill.  Tim and I had to climb the rest of the hill on foot, not good with a twisted ankle, but we made it then Tim and George got the car unstuck and Tim drove it to the bottom of the hill and parked it until the ice thaws on the hill.  So, after having some problems we had to find some fun to end the day and Tim did it.  After he was done walking Shadow for the night he found a huge icicle on the RV.  He brought it in and took a flashlight and created his own Light Saber.  He did it in honor of our son in law, Nate, who loves Star Wars.  It was a good day over all and the snow is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment