Our view

Our view

Monday, January 4, 2016

Downton Abbey's Final Season

I am a huge Downton Abbey fan but I have not watched it for six years.  I watched the first two seasons on Netflix and Hulu because I was curious over what the big deal was.  I was hooked on it after watching the very first episode and then binge watched the first two seasons in about four days.  I finished just in time to watch season three and have not missed it since.  Last night the six and final season began and it was a great start to season six but it was also a little sad knowing this is the last season.  The PBS series on Masterpiece Theater has become the number one show for PBS. Last night it was an evening of Downton Abbey with an hour show introducing the sixth season then an hour and fifteen minute season six opening episode followed by a 45 minute show about the final season.
It is a challenge for me to watch this show because we don't always get PBS on our antenna and we don't get local stations on our Dish.  Last year I streamed it.  Last night Tim turned the antenna so I could watch it.  In doing so we lose all the other local channels but I am okay with that for the next few Sunday nights.  If you have not watched Downton Abbey and like a good period show give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely an addict of Downton Abbey, too. Very sad it's the final season. Started Watching the new series, Mercy Street, following DA and like it so far. Another period piece.

    ReplyDelete