Our view

Our view

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Best Picture Nominations

I have seen more movies in the theater this year than I have in probably the last 10 years.  The reason I have been fortunate enough to see so many movies is because of our little theater in Newport that runs first run movies and only charges $5.00 a ticket at all showings.  There are four theaters and the movies change weekly.  So, when movies arrive at Newport Cinema we usually only have a week to see them in.  When the Oscar nominations came out this year I actually had seen many more of the movies than I have in years past.  This is something I could get use to.  The nominations this year for Best Picture are "Bridge of Spies (good movie), Mad Max Fury Road, The Revenant (another good movie), Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, Room and Brooklyn.  I have seen three of the nominations and two of the nominations I have never even heard about.  For more of the nominations go to Oscar.com.  In a little over a month we will find out the winner.  Until then, I may have a chance to see some more of the Nominees.

No comments:

Post a Comment