Our view

Our view

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Winter Is Still Here

Everytime it has snowed this winter it also melted within six hours.  Well that is not the case this time.  It actually continued to snow flurry all day.  We have just over an inch of snow but under the snow is ice and I found that out twice yesterday.  The first time I ventured out I carefully walked around outside and was okay.  Even when I ventured to clear off both Dishes so we would have TV and Internet.  I later made it down to the Crafty Cottage and back up with no problems.  That was it for safety; on my way back down to the Crafty Cottage, after lunch, I slipped just as I was beginning my walk down.  My first step on the grass just kept going.  Luckily no one saw me fall so I got up and continued down the hill to the cottage.  As the day went on it continued to drop in temperature and I could tell as the cottage was getting colder.  On my trip up the hill to the RV I was almost to the top of the hill and at the steepest part of the climb I once again lost my footing and fell again this time on the icy snow covered gravel.  Ouch! I am fine but a little stiff now.  We are expecting a couple of inches of snow today so we will have to wait and see.  It sure is good that we don't need to be anywhere because the car is completely iced over and so is the hill.  George used the Gator to go down to the mailbox but on his way up  the Gator could not make it back up that hill yesterday and spent the night at a friends barn.  So we are staying at the farm and will journey out once we thaw which may not happen until the week end.  Tonight we are looking at negative temperatures which will be the coldest weather we have been in with the RV.  I have more pictures of the farm and snow that I will be posting a little later on so check back to see them.  The snow and ice are beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment