Our view

Our view

Friday, February 20, 2015

Trapped At The Farm

It is hard to believe that a week ago we were up by 5:00 am to leave for Waynesville, NC at 6:00 am. This week has flown by and yet we have been trapped here at the farm since Monday.  I know I have told you about the road to the farm but I will mention again that we have a very steep hill to climb just before we reach the farm.  With the severe cold and icing we have been having we cannot get out to go anywhere.  Our neighbors, Reg and Cheryl have lived here for 17 years and also have to climb that hill to get to their farm.  They told us yesterday that in those 17 years this is only the 3rd time they have been trapped at home.  Yesterday I believe the temperature made it to 9 degrees for the high.  The sun came out for a while but then it started to snow again.  Today it is supposed to get up to 32 degrees but as I am writing this right now the temperature outside is 1 degree.  The good thing is the RV is staying warm.  On Saturday is is suppose to reach 46 degrees and rain.  That will definitely melt the snow and ice but also make the road sloppy but even if the road is sloppy I believe that we will get out and go to town even if we don't need anything.  Hmmm, maybe we will go see a movie.  So, what did I do yesterday?  I stayed indoors, did some prep work for a door prize I am making, I brought the materials up on Wednesday from the Crafty Cottage, and caught up on all the shows I had DVRed.  One of the reasons I did not go out was I had fallen again, twice, on Wednesday.  Falling 6 times in 2 days does hurt the body and I have aches and pain all over especially my left side of my ribs where I pulled some ligaments.  Today I am posting some pictures that Tim took when he and George walked around the property a day ago.  This has been the coldest that Eastern Tennessee has seen since 1985 and we are now breaking those record temperatures.  I guess the weather wanted to make sure that our inaugural year here at the farm will be a true test to us and our RV.  Thanks again Mother Nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment