Our view

Our view

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Comparison Shopping

Lisa and I went and did our monthly grocery shopping but this time we decided to do a comparison shop.  We usually do our monthly grocery shopping at Walmart but yesterday we did it at Walmart but then went to Food City, the local grocery store compared to a Publix, Winn Dixie, Jewel, Ralph's, Von's, Safeway or Kroeger, just to see how the prices compared.  We have come to the conclusion that we can shop at Food City and spend about the same amount as Walmart.  Which is good news since Food City is closer and has a wider variety.  We did make the mistake of going to Walmart too early in the month.  I had already learned my lesson about going to Walmart on the first of the month due to that is when people who get their monthly Government checks usually shop.  Well, two days after the first is not a good time either.  Walmart was out of several regular items, especially the ones I wanted,  and it was still very busy.  I had to fight to shop every aisle.  Lisa compared it to being like it was Christmas time again.  When we went to Food City it was a lot quieter and it was well stocked.  So next month I am doing my monthly shopping at Food City just to see if my comparison shopping really did work.  Since Tim and I also live on a monthly Government check, his military pension, we do understand why people shop as soon as they get it.  I have decided to just wait a few days after we receive it especially if I end up back at Walmart.  Time and money will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment