Our view

Our view

Saturday, February 21, 2015

We May Thaw Out?

We have broken the record again for being the coldest it has been and yesterday was no exception.  Starting the day in the negative numbers and then getting to a high of 19 during the day.  Friday night at 10:00 pm the temperature rose to 23 degrees.  Amazingly it made it seem warm after the last couple days with the low temperatures.  The sun was out all day which helped melt some snow but it also exposed the ice under the snow.  Tim and George were out talking when I came out of the RV and head down to the Crafty Cottage.  Now I know I have mentioned the number of times I have slipped and fell while coming and going to the crafty cottage. Well yesterday I had a record breaking day of falling 4 times just trying to walk down to the Crafty Cottage.  The worst thing about falling is after the first fall Tim and George helped me down the rest of the way and I still managed to fall. After the fourth fall I slid the rest of the way down on my butt.  We figured out why I was falling and Tim and George did not fall; it was the tred on our boots.  Tim and George both had a deeper tred than I did.  I will have to get through the rest of this year with my boots but next year I am buying boots with better tred.  Today it is suppose to snow then turn to an icy mix and end up with rain tonight.  We are hoping to go to town today but the road may not let us but I hope it does!  We do have something to celebrate today and he will probably kill me for this but I am going to say it anyway; Happy Birthday George!

No comments:

Post a Comment