Our view

Our view

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Power Went Out?

We were sitting in the living room watching the Today Show when all of a sudden the power goes out.  At first we just kind of looked at eachother thinking if we blew a fuse.  I text George and Lisa to see if their power was out and it was.  Lisa text our closest neighbors and theirs was out also.  Now I could understand the power going out if it were stormy, icy, windy, etc but it was a beautiful day.  No wind, mid 40's out and sunny.  So George jumped into his car to see if a tree had fallen but everything was fine.  We called the power company and they just said that our area had a power outage.  Being without power is kind of a pain here only because we need the power to operate the well pump.  Without the well pump, we don't have water.  Our heat and stove run on propane so we can still have heat and we can eat.  Going to the bathroom or washing up, that is a problem.  Normally we can store water in our water tank but with freezing temperatures we don't do that right now.  So, what do you do without power?  I took advantage and  while Tim worked on the golf cart I worked in the Crafty Cottage. The sun was shining bright which would give some solar heat in the cottage and since I was working on my Doorprizes I could do that with out electricity.  Lisa came by to chat and low and behold the power came back on shortly after that.  We still do not know what caused the outage but we were happy to have the power back on. I spent the rest of the day working and finishing the Doorprizes.  I did get a call from my great friend Debbie.  We talked for a while and it was fun catching up.  Thanks Debbie for calling, love ya!  
Today is suppose to be another warm and sunny day so we will probably be hanging around the farm unless George and Lisa decide to do another flooring run and then we will be happy to join them.  This time we will be driving to North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment