Our view

Our view

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Trip To Knoxville

Tim, Lisa, George and I took a little drive to Knoxville yesterday to run some errands. My glasses broke and I had a year warranty on them so I found a place that would honor the warranty but it was in Knoxville. Of course they did not have my frames nor did they have a pair that my lenses would go into so I had to pick out new frames and have some new lenses made up.  They will be ready today which means another run to Knoxville.  George and Lisa went to Rooms To Go and then to a flooring place to look for the wood floor they want to put in their home.  They picked out a few pieces but the jury is still out on their decision.  We did stop at Bass Pro to look atound.  We don't go to Bass Pro for the fishing equipment we go there for a lot of other stuff.  They have a great clothing line, things for the home and really good food mixes.  I had bought Tim a canister of sausage gravy mix for Christmas from Bass Pro.  It makes some of the best sausage gravy to put over biscuits.  All you have to do is add some ground sausage into the mix with some water and it makes some of the best biscuits and gravy we have ever had.  It is Uncle Buck's biscuit gravy mix so  I also picked up some corn bread mix too.  We were hoping to eat at a Texas Roadchouse but there was not any around us so we settled for Perkins and we are glad we did.  The food was great and the prices were very reasonable.  I even, cough cough, ordered from the Age 55 and older menu.  Hey, it saved me enough to get a piece of French Silk pie for dessert.  It was a good day and it is always fun to go to the "big city".

No comments:

Post a Comment