Our view

Our view

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Prepared For Nothing!?!

I know I am new at rural living and so I do kind of over prepare for bad weather.  I don't think that is a bad thing but now I know when my neighbors, Reg and Cheryl, kind of laughed at me yesterday about the snowfall we were going to get saying it wasn't going to happen.  The weather really did look like we were going to get that Alberta Clipper that dropped snow through the midwest and turned in the Northeast blizzard and all the maps both local and national showed our area that we live would get some snow but we got nothing!  So, I am glad I was prepared but a little disappointed too.  It's not that I want to get stuck at home it's just I was looking forward to maybe plaing in the snow and sled down the great hills that are on the farm.  The road that leads to the farm is another thing.  We will get "trapped" at the farm if that ices over or gets so muddy or sloppy it is not safe to drive.  We have been fortunate so far with the road and George has been working really hard in preparing the road so that doesn't happen; thanks George!  So, no snow today and now, after writing this, I hope I did not "curse" myself for bad weather to hit us hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment