Our view

Our view

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Oh Baby, It's Cold Outside

I heard from Tim and he said it is cold outside and after checking the weather it is.  17 degrees right now in Parrottsville.  Now I am still in San Diego with a low of 51 which does not sound cold for the rest of the country but it is for Southern California. Carrie called me last night and said Jacksonville is in the 30's which is cold for Florida and I won't even bring up the temperatures in Chicago.  All I have to say is Brrr it IS cold outside. I have to say I am glad I am missing the real cold weather right now in the rest of the country but do also realize that I only have a few more days to enjoy the Southern California weather.  Today is an early day for me as I have to take my mom to a couple of Dr Appointments with her first at 9:00 am.  Being that I am in San Diego and she is in Laguna I have a bit of a drive to get up to her so I can get her to her appointments.  After her second one we will go and have some fun if she is feeling up to it.
Meanwhile, besides the cold weather, Tim has been busy at the farm working on an old Ford truck.  He has discovered that a truck is needed on the farm and George has an old Ford he bought last year but needed some work on it to get it going. So Tim got it running again and yesterday, using George's new toy,  put a heavy duty bed on the truck.  Now they have an operational truck that will allow them to do some of the things like fill a couple of 100 Pound propane tanks that will be used for heating and more.  George's new toy is a bulldozer that allows him to do even more things on the farm too!  All these changes in my absence; I will post pictures of both.  Stay warm if you are in the cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment