Our view

Our view

Friday, November 21, 2014

Making A Bow Maker

I spent part of yesterday making bow makers.  What is a bow maker?  It is a tool used to make different size bows using ribbon..  I use this tool all the time to make bows for my cards or paper crafts.  The bow maker is a very simple tool but is very helpful especially if you are like me and cannot make a decent bow (tying a ribbon bow).  My sister had this tool for years and I saw hers and decided to go home and make my own.  For a couple of dollars I did.  Over the week end some of the ladies at the SAS wanted to know how we made so many bows for the projects.  My sister showed them the bow maker and how easy it was to use.  Then she said I knew how to make them.  A bunch of ladies wanted them so that is why I spent some time yesterday making bow makers.  I have posted some pictures of the process.
After I was done with the bow makers my sister and I went to the Carter's outlet.   I have had  terrible results finding Rory's Christmas pajamas until yesterday at Carters.  I found Rory's pajamas added a couple of things and now she will have her Christmas Eve package to open up.
Last night Pam and I went to dinner with our friend Lorraine.  We went to Miguel's, a Mexican restaurant and decided to take advantage of Happy Hour and just ordered a bunch of appetizers for dinner.  We had beef flauntas, pollo asada nachos, Miguel's chicken wings, pollo asada quesadillas and a fish taco (for Pam).  It was all good but took forever for service.  The chips and salsa came right away and the waiter did come for our drink order but then disappeared and we waited over 20 minutes for our drinks and to order food.  Another staff member came and asked how everything was and found out we were still waiting to order and get our drinks.  She took our food order and 5 minutes later our drinks showed up.  Our apps finally came and we enjoyed the evening with friends making good conversation and enjoying our food and drinks.  Thanks Pam and Lorraine for a great night out!  Today will be a busy day so check back tomorrow and see why!

No comments:

Post a Comment