Our view

Our view

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Doctor, No Doctor

I got up to my mom's home around 8:00 am to take her to a couple of Dr appointments.  It was just suppose to be that easy.  9:00 was the first and 11:00 was the second.  I got to the first appointment and could not find the Dr's office and when I called the number to find out where it was located I was informed there was not a Dr by that name in that office.  Confused I called my brother who then verified that it was the correct address but also no Dr.  45 minutes later we still had no idea where to go and to my knowlegde still don't.  The second appointment was also cancelled because when my brother called to confirm he was told the Dr had a call so there would be no appointments.  When I told my mom she was so happy as she does not enjoy going to the Doctor.  So, with that said we decided to have a fun day together and headed to the Mall near by.  Just a note, it seems that I do not have the best of luck taking my mom's to appointments as this was not the first time appointments did not work out for us.  Anyway, we went to the mall and had a good time looking through stores, checking out the Christmas decorations and having a great lunch and ice cream sundae at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor.  My mom finally ate well and was so full that she said she did not want ice cream but when the sundae I ordered for the two of us came she managed to eat most of it.  My Mom loves ice cream!  So what turned out to be a day my mom was not planning on enjoying turned into a day that she had a very good time.  I left my mom exhausted but in a good way.  It was fun shopping with my mom; something we use to do a lot when I was growing up.  Thanks Mom for a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment